- Start DateBorn in 1955
- HometownHope, Arkansas
- Home CountryUnited States
- Currently Running forRepublican Party
- Short DescriptionMike Huckabee is the former Governor of Arkansas.Paid for by Huckabee for President. http://www.MikeHuckabee.comKeep your comments on topic.
- BioMike Huckabee was the 44th Governor of Arkansas from 1996 until 2007, becoming one of the longest serving Governors in his s…
- Political ViewsConservative
- Favorite BooksThe Holy Bible, To Kill a Mockingbird, Mere Christianity, and anything by Francis Schaeffer
- Relationship StatusMarried
- Religious ViewsChristian – Southern Baptist
- Activitieshunting, fishing, playing bass guitar, running, playing with my dogs, traveling, and spending time with my family
- Interestsmusic, health/exercise, outdoors, politics, and baseball
- Favorite MusicClassic Rock, Blues, Gospel, Rock, Jazz, Country, and my band– Capitol Offense
- Favorite MoviesThe Godfather, Casablanca, To Kill a Mockingbird, and Citizen Kane
- Favorite TV Showsthe cable news networks
- Favorite Quotations“Come let us reason together.”
The Supreme Court is not the Supreme Being. It can no more repeal the laws of nature, and nature’s God on marriage, than it can the law of gravity.Under our Constitution, the court cannot write a law, even though some cowardly politicians will wave the white flag and accept it without realizing that they are failing their sworn duty to reject abuses from the court.If accepted by Congress and this President, this decision will be a serious blow to religious liberty, which is the heart of the First Amendment. We must fight back.
My Plan to Fight an Out-of-Control Supreme Court
1) Executive Orders to Protect Religious Liberty
2) Promote & Support Legislation Protecting Religious Liberty
3) Impose Term Limits for Judges
4) Nominate Commonsense Constitutional Judges & Justices
5) End Judicial Tyranny & Restore the balance of power between the 3 branches of government
6) Pass a Constitutional Amendment Defining Marriage As Between One Man & One Woman
Are You In? Let’s Fight Together. Endorse My Plan –>
Help me fight back against the Court! Endorse my plan today!
About Mike Huckabee
Mike Huckabee was the 44th Governor of Arkansas from 1996 until 2007, becoming one of the longest serving Governors in his state’s history, and was only the fourth Republican elected to any statewide office since Reconstruction, serving longer than the other three combined. He left a legacy of tax cuts, job creation, the reconstruction of his state’s road system, K-16 education reform, and a nationally heralded and duplicated health initiative that focused on the less expensive approach of prevention than the costly big-government approach of intervention. His administration fought long-standing corruption in the state’s political machine, resulting in numerous indictments and convictions of powerful legislators and other elected officials.
Huckabee had been Lieutenant Governor for 3 years in July 1996 when his predecessor was forced to resign due to felony convictions. He was one of the youngest governors in the country at the time. Huckabee was elected to a full four-year term as governor in 1998, attracting the largest percentage of the vote ever received by a Republican gubernatorial nominee in Arkansas, and was re-elected to another four-year term in November 2002.
After his 2008 campaign for President, Governor Huckabee started Huck PAC to promote conservative principles and help elect conservative candidates at every level of government. Huck PAC has endorsed and supported hundreds of conservative candidates across the country.
Governor Huckabee is also a New York Times bestselling author, former host of the number one weekend show on the Fox News Channel, and a longtime radio commentator.
Huckabee, 59, an avid musician since age 11, is a bass player. His hobbies include hunting, fishing, and music. He was named one of the “25 Most Influential People”for Conservation by Outdoor Life Magazine, and was named “Man of the Year” by the American Sportfishing Association in 1997. The former governor and his wife, Janet, have three grown children – John Mark Huckabee, David Huckabee and his wife, Lauren, and Sarah Sanders and her husband, Bryan – and five grandchildren – Chandler Huckabee, Scarlett Sanders, Caroline Huckabee, William Huckabee “Huck” Sanders, and George Sanders.
Governor Huckabee is a 2016 Republican presidential candidate.